Tuesday, September 13, 2022

 It was the monthly RPG Meetup last Saturday.

I only got two players for my "It's Not My Fault!" Fate Accelerated game. While Fate isn't like D&D in that it assumes a certain minimum party size, the premise of "It's Not My Fault!" is that the story starts in the midst of a sticky situation and the players are supposed to fill in details as they blame their woes on the next person at the table. With only 2 players and me (for the purposes of fleshing out the scenario, I participated in the "It's Not My Fault!" portion of the game, while serving as GM for the resulting scenario), there was a limited number of juicy and interesting details that were brought up.

The good news is that I now feel like I have sunk my teeth into Fate. When trying out new RPG systems, it can be tempting to treat it as just another way to build characters and roll dice. And that's kinda what it felt like in my prior experiences with Fate. But this time, I made a point of going over things, deciding which of the 4 actions that people were doing, how they used their Create Advantage actions to create Aspects and all of that fun stuff. There were a couple of fights so we got to explore Stress and Consequences. There are always things that I would like to have done better, but it's definitely something I want to try again.

But for the Meetup next month, I think I'll try to run The Great Ork Gods, which is a comedy game about playing Orks as well as their Gods, who hate them.

I don't know if I'll get a lot of gaming in during the interim because I'll be going to Wasteland Weekend near the end of the month and that should be exciting enough by itself.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...