Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Obligatory End of the Year Post

Well, it's time to say goodbye to 2012 and hello 2013.

2012 was a decent year for sales. 77 copies across all formats. It may not sound like much, but it means that I'm still a contender. I don't plan on leaving the ring anytime soon, either.

I made my final payment to my last artist in January of this year. Which means that most of the money I've brought in from sales this year has been pure profit (Though see below for what I'll be doing with that profit.)

The blog was an interesting beast over 2012 as well. My most popular post from the year 2012 was Another Year, Another DunDraCon, my annual DunDraCon convention post. Mostly for the pics of the guy who brought his lobotomizer to show off. The post that got the most visits this year was actually from back in 2010. That's when I revealed that the girl in the chainmail bikini that I had photographed at that year's DunDraCon was in fact none other than Chainmail Girl.

The one post that is somehow remarkably popular even though I wish it wasn't is this one. I'm not sorry I wrote it as I think that my point was a valid one. But given that Mr. Skarka is a polarizing figure in the gaming industry, that post is just one more bit of ammunition for the inevitable mudslinging (mostly because of the shock value of the post title). I was especially chagrined to discover that this guy was the guy to do it.

Resolutions for the new year? Sure, I've got a few.

Get my house in order:  I'm not going to bore you with personal problems or stories from my day job, but a number of things have stepped up over the last year or so to really cramp my style. That needs to come first before I'm able to make too many other plans.

Get into stores: I'm sure you all know that this has been a goal of mine for a while. I've had a plan to do it for the last year, but I've just been waiting for the money. Well, the money has been accumulating slowly and steadily over the last year or so. By February, I should have enough to make a serious attempt at getting it done. Still a few i's to dot and t's to cross, but everything seems to be coming together.

Get back to writing: Partly related to that "Get my house in order thing". I may have been updating the blog pretty regularly, but I haven't made any real progress on projects beyond the blog. I tried to do a novel for NaNoWriMo this year and managed only 300 or so words. I need to better than that if I'm going to manage any of the other things I want to do.


Happy New Year and have an Ozzy 2013!

1 comment:

Jeremy Bates said...

Speaking of Oz, I am looking forward to the prequel to the Wizard of Oz.

Well, I wish you the best of success in your 2013 endeavors. Keep your nose to the proverbial grindstone and DO it.

Cheers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...