Thursday, March 10, 2011

Third Time's a Charm

For those of you who have been paying attention, I've been having a little trouble with printing my book anywhere other than I recently got back the revised files for the book, which should have corrected the graphical issues. Wednesday morning, I ordered my third proof copy from OneBookShelf in the hopes that this will be the one that will finally have no graphical defects.

Along with the graphical revisions, there was a little errata busting as well. Remember that little glitch in the magic system? Fixed. Also, I've added a lower resolution version to the PDF package, so maybe printing it out won't be as much of an issue. All of my lovely PDF customers should have been alerted to the update. If not, consider this the alert you've been waiting for.

I'm a little worried that my print customers won't get the updates. But then, there are a few copies out there that don't have a proper gutter in the map, so some of it gets lost in the binding. Should I put on a sale to let my print customers cheaply update the older copy? Put the PDF on sale to encourage customers to go digital? Or just shrug and say "Such is the lot of the early adopter?"

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Speaking as one of the "early adopters" I don't expect any sort of discount or anything. As long as I have eratta that I can print out, that's enough for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...