Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Few Updates

Still doing what I can on Adventures in Oz: Beyond the Deadly Desert, so I just have the time to post a couple of news bulletins.

Over at RPGNow and DriveThruRPG, it's Teach Your Kids to Game Week. Not only is AiO at the top of the list (alphabetical order, of course), it's also on sale. Save 10% if you buy this week.

If you're anywhere near Jacksonville, North Carolina, don't forget to check out JaxCon this weekend. Oz author Ron Baxley Jr. will be there with illustrator Gwendolyn Tenille Adams to promote his book Cabbages, Kings and Even (Odd) Queens. He'll also come with not just one but TWO copies of Adventures in Oz: Fantasy Roleplaying Beyond the Yellow Brick Road that he'll be giving away

And finally, the Kickstarter over to the side hasn't gotten any attention over the last week and is starting to think you don't love it. There are less than two weeks left to contribute.

4 comments:

Greyhawk Grognard said...

Sorry to see that Beyond the Deadly Desert didn't make its funding goal.

Maybe you could try it again with a lower goal and a video? Maybe that would generate a little more interest. I know I'll back it again if you give it another go.

F. Douglas Wall said...

I don't know if I could do the book with a lower goal. At least not with some other money coming from somewhere else. But definitely with a video next time. Education was one of my big hurdles. Not just telling people that the game/me/Kickstarter exists, but what's going on and why they should be contributing. And I did not do that as well as I should have.

librarian said...

I thought you might like to see this post by respected (and profitable!) retailer Gary Ray, owner of Black Diamond Games up in Concord CA - your bailiwick in fact.

librarian said...

http://blackdiamondgames.blogspot.com/2012/03/kickstarter-and-retailers.html

Maybe the link would help...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...