Saturday, August 13, 2022

RPGaDay 2022 #13 How would you change the way you started RPGing?

I think I would have started sooner.

The reason that I only made a few sessions of that Rolemaster game was that it was a couple of buses away from the university. But considering that I was on a university campus, I'm sure that there were a few gaming groups or clubs if I had put in the effort to find one. That could have gotten us gaming sooner and more frequently. Plus, the effect of friendship and social connections would have done us a lot of good at that time.

I don't know if I could have gotten started writing my own material sooner. Maybe if I'd started gaming on-campus, I would have gotten more practice and more confidence. It would have also been before D&D 3e, so I might not have started with a game that surrounded me with modules and I would have had to roll my own much sooner.

Who knows?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...