Monday, August 15, 2022

RPGaDay 2022 #15 Who would you like to Gamemaster for you?

 Kris Newton.

Even though he's got some really awesome podcasts under his belt, this isn't quite a celebrity crush. He used to be a guy that I would game with often. Sometimes he would GM, other times I would. Every now and again someone else from our little group would step up and run something that we could both be players in.

Then he moved away.

I loved listening to his podcasts, at least partly to bask in his gaming wisdom (and get dragged a few times for my old bad habits), but also to keep up with him as a person. Although I had met his current wife briefly when they were still in the area, I got to know her a bit better as she co-hosted the Gameable Podcast. I discovered his trials and tribulations as a new father through small asides and comments in between jokes about bad games on his MegaDumbCast.

Then he moved away again.

Thanks to the internet, it would take more than just moving to break this connection, tenuous as it is. But recently, he announced that family circumstances will take him away from podcasting for the foreseeable future.

So I would love the chance to play in a game that he runs, preferably in person (though I understand this puts it firmly in the realm of fantasy), partly for the game, and partly for that chance to catch up with him again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...