Sunday, April 7, 2019

#AprilTTRPGMaker Day 1: Introduce Yourself!

With all the upheavals that have been going on in my life lately (and not all of them settled out), I missed a new blogfest thing going around. And since I need something with a little structure to it right now, and maybe the act of writing will be therapeutic, let's see if I can do this.


Introduce Yourself!

You had to start with a tough one, didn't you? I'm not that good at talking about myself, really.

As for the mundane part of my life, I've been working in the restaurant industry for over 20 years and feel stuck in it. I spent 3 months after I moved looking for non-restaurant jobs, and got some interviews, but didn't get an actual offer until I lowered my standards and started applying at restaurants again. I'm getting more hours than I did back home, and actually getting paid decently feels amazing.

I've been married for almost 8 years (My anniversary is next month!), but my wife and I have known each other for much longer than that. She's actually the person who introduced me to RPGs. Indirectly, anyway. She introduced me to RPG books, which I then started collecting and then actually playing with.

After I got laid off from my first job, I went through a bit of a crisis that led to me becoming an RPG publisher. Looking at my life, I realized that I hadn't really done anything with it. I hadn't made my mark on the world. So I dedicated myself to turning a thought experiment I had (How to turn the Oz stories into something gameable) into a finished product.

Adventures in Oz: Fantasy Roleplaying Beyond the Yellow Brick Road has been an great experience all around and you'll probably read more about it as this progresses.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...