Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Q2 2012 Quarterly Report

Slowly but surely I am getting caught up to the current day.

 Adventures in Oz: Fantasy Roleplaying Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
Sales Channel/Product TypeAprilMayJuneQuarter TotalYTDLast YearGrand Total
Lulu/Print----1769
Lulu/Digital----2212
Lulu/Total----3981
CreateSpace/Print--113-11
One Book Shelf/PDF-527273131
One Book Shelf/Print-----12
One Book Shelf/Bundle----1110
One Book Shelf/Total-527285143
Paizo/PDF-----15
Amazon Kindle11138-8
Totals164114215249


 Adventures in Oz Characters Pack
Sales Channel/Product TypeAprilMayJuneQuarter SalesTotal Sales
OBS/PDF12-334
OBS/Bundle-21326
OBS/Total141660
Paizo/PDF----1
Totals141661

For those of you wondering why I'm not participating in this year's A to Z blogging challenge, I think you'll see the answer on this chart. The sales for April set a historical low. The only times I have sold less product were when I had no product to sell. I'm tempted to blame the blogging challenge, since this is the only April to perform this poorly and the months surrounding April were not similarly suppressed.

Also for the month of April, OneBookShelf put together a charity bundle to support the Center for Missing and Exploited Children. (It's Child Abuse Awareness Month again this year, too). I donated the Characters Pack this time, since I had already donated the corebook to a previous charity bundle.

It may have been a "perfect storm"  of the two events that caused sales to drop like this. But it's enough to make me rethink my marketing strategy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...