Wednesday, August 30, 2023

RPGaDay #30 OBSCURE RPG you've played

I've mentioned The Great Ork Gods, which is probably the most obscure game I can think of. When other events brought it to mind, I had to use the Wayback Machine to track it down.

I did also manage to play in a game using the Arduin system, which was notable in its heyday, but has faded into obscurity. It was run by Mark Schynert, who was a major organizer at DunDraCon and responsible for the assembly of The Compleat Arduin, which has been on my shelf for some time. We didn't use the Arduin fantasy setting, but engaged in a bit of meta fun as we played fictional characters who were pulled from our books. I played a Wonder Woman-esque Amazon (because I am secure in my masculinity and am not threatened by taking on other gender roles), while my wife (who was also in the session) played a romance novel heroine with Mary Sue powers.

2 comments:

Jack Aidley said...

I put the pdfs up on itch.io, so it can be found again: https://jackaidley.itch.io/great-ork-gods

F. Douglas Wall said...

I am surprised and flattered that you would come to my blog and share this with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...