Saturday, August 5, 2023

RPGaDay 3023 # 5 OLDEST game you've played

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

While most of my Old School gaming has been via retroclones, I did manage to become a player in a game run by an unreformed AD&D DM who ran from his books that he's had since he was a teenager.

I had been running my megadungeon game for a while, when one of my co-workers mentioned the D&D game that she was playing in. Since I was using OSRIC, I was pretty sure that she was not playing D&D the way that I was,so I asked a few questions. I don't know if 5e was out at the time, so I figured that they were either playing 3e/Pathfinder or 4e (or maybe something else, since a lot of people say that they're playing "D&D" when they're actually playing some other game. No shame. I do that too.). But the answers to my questions did support the notion that it was indeed another Old School campaign.

So the DM of that campaign wound up playing in my game and I got an invitation to his and it was great fun. The only reason I stopped is that I was moving to San Diego.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...