Sunday, August 6, 2023

RPGaDay 2023 #6 Favourite game you NEVER get to play

There are a number of games that I've been excited about but maybe only played once or twice, or not for a very long time. I was big on GURPS for a very long time, and still have my collection, but I haven't played or run GURPS in the longest time. I still have a strange affection for d20 Modern, even though I've only run it a few times. Over the last year or so, I've gotten to give Fate a serious try, so it doesn't really count.

I think the game that has excited me the most that I still haven't given a serious shot would be Burning Wheel. I got the book years ago on the recommendation of Ken Hite and was impressed by the sheer density of it. But ironically, that's the thing that keeps me from playing it. It's so dense and you have to take it so seriously that I can't really see it as something that I could run for a one-shor, or for a group of strangers. I feel like i would need a stable group who were all on board for what the game has to offer. Especially after I moved, I didn't feel that I had that.

Things are looking up, but not there yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...