Tuesday, August 29, 2023

RPGaDay #28 SCARIEST game you've played

Posting a little out of order because this was a tough one to write.

I'm not a big horror fan, so I haven't done any real horror gaming. As much as it's a nerd staple, I've never played Call of Cthulhu.

I did have a con-friend at DunDraCon who ran "CthulhuTrek" a Star Trek/Lovecraft mashup, though he wasn't particularly looking to scare anyone, Just enjoying geeking out about his two favorite things at the same time.

Another time, I was honored to play in a one-shot of Vampire: The Masquerade run by Kris Newton that was set in our (at the time) home turf of Humboldt County. My character was the shadow owner of the Eureka Inn and our adventure took us out to an illegal marijuana grow. At the end, my character got cocky and careless and lost his daughter (and human agent) to the machinations of a big city vampire muscling in on our rural turf.

Again, not scary. It was however, a good dramatic time. It set the bar for what I want a Vampire/World of Darkness game to be like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...