Friday, August 25, 2023

RPGaDay #25 UNPLAYED RPG you own

Quite a lot of them, actually.

Though I will say that the most egregiously unplayed game that I own is Star Trek Adventures by Modiphius. I've been a Trekkie for the majority of my life and once I got into RPGs, I've managed to collect all the Star Trek RPGs. But I haven't run a Star Trek campaign in quite some time. That would have been GURPS Prime Directive back when my friend Jorden was a young impressionable lad.

As much as I bemoan the size of my physical collection (at least what I have access to), I do have the Star Trek Adventures corebook at just about eye level on my shelf as I write this. And I have never played it.

Is it my white whale or an albatross hanging from my neck?

2 comments:

Adam Dickstein said...

What's holding you back? To put it another way, why haven't you played or run it as if yet?

F. Douglas Wall said...

A couple of reasons:

1) I'm still having a hard time putting myself out there to run any sort of game. I do have my Wednesday group and could potentially pitch something to them, or at least bounce some ideas off of them.

2) I still need to get a handle on the system. I was invited to a Fallout one-shot using that version of the system, so I have a better grasp of the dice rolling, but STA has a "make your own skill" sort of thing that's hard for me to work with. Is something too broad? Too narrow? Too specific? (If my LUG stuff wasn't in storage, I would use it in a heartbeat.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...