Thursday, August 24, 2023

RPGaDay 2023 #24 COMPLEX / SIMPLE RPG you play

A lot of what I've been playing for the last few years have been simple games.

Without access to much of my physical collection, I haven't been able to bring whatever big thick book to a session and say "This is what we're doing. Read up!" like I used to. Or at very least be the person who brings the rulebook to the game that I'll be running. And while I do have a number of games in PDF, it can feel like a thin line between sharing the rulebook and data piracy.

So most of what I've been doing has been fairly simple games that I can easily teach with only the PDF in my phone/tablet. InSpectres and Fiasco have been great fun, but the one that I've most recently gotten a handle on is Fate Accelerated using the "It's Not My Fault!" scenario starter cards.

Fate Accelerated has the advantage of not only being a simple game, but one with very inexpensive rulebooks. Well, the PDF is free, but even the printed rulebook is only $5. On at least one occasion, I have ended a Fate Accelerated session by gifting the rulebooks we were using to the players.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...