Thursday, August 3, 2023

RPGaDay 2023 #3 First RPG BOUGHT (this year)

 I've been pretty sparse on my RPG buying the last few years.

Since my wife and I moved to San Diego, we've been living in her in-laws' house. It was supposed to be a temporary situation while we got jobs and got ourselves established. That was 4 years ago. Admittedly, at least one of those years was 2020. So between the financial issues and the assurance that we'll be in our own place "soon," taking on piles of new stuff has not been a real priority.

Not to say that I haven't bought anything. And I do wish that I was buying more.

I backed a couple of Kickstarters last year, and they finally arrived this year, so I don't know if they count. Notably the Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG Kickstarter. It's got so much stuff, including a pile of tchotchkes and feelies that I'm still afraid to open the box for fear of losing some small collectible item.

I also got my print copy of the Atlas of the Latter Earth, a setting supplement for Worlds Without Number, the fantasy version of Worlds Without Number.

I have also picked up my share of free stuff. I got a good dose of Free RPG Day swag. When the local RPG Meetup holds their swap meet meetings, I'm usually open to taking home whatever people don't want to bring home once they've sold what they could.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...