Thursday, November 1, 2012

Q3 2010 Quarterly Report

This quarter marked the release of AiO in PDF. 5 sites were chosen for this release: DrivethruRPG, Lulu, Paizo, RPGNow, and YourGamesNow. As you can see, they did not all perform equally. Print was the preferred format over at Lulu for some time. And this is the only sale I ever logged over at YourGamesNow. The only reason I haven't stopped selling there is that it's more effort to remove it than to keep it up.

Lulu Print showed a bump in August due to my first "Ozma's Birthday Sale" and the kind folks over at the RPG Circus podcast announcing it. 5 copies were sold during that time at the discounted rate.

The big news this quarter in terms of sales is One Book Shelf. Although it was only an active vendor for one month of this quarter, it very quickly moved in to the #2 position in terms of all time sales. It would eventually surpass Lulu, but that's a story for another time.

 Adventures in Oz: Fantasy Roleplaying Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
Sales Channel/Product TypeJulyAugustSeptemberQuarter TotalYTD Total
Lulu/Print4711231
One Book Shelf/PDF--292929
Your Games Now/PDF--111
Totals47314261

One Book Shelf is the company that operates RPGNow and DrivethruRPG. Both sites use the same back end, so my sales data from them is not separated by site.

3 comments:

The Mayfly said...

I still consider my Lulu print copy money well spent.

librarian said...

So no sales through Paizo in this quarter?
I buy all of my digital games through eitherDrive Thru or RPG Now, I actually have a hard time differentiating...

F. Douglas Wall said...

Paizo has been a pretty weak outlet for me. If it weren't for YGN, it would be my lowest-selling vendor. They're really well set-up to sell Pathfinder compatible products, but other stuff has a harder time finding customers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...