Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Maybe Steps

 Another Maybe step this week. Checking in on the Bards & Cards Discord server, I saw someone looking for someone to run a Pathfinder 1e campaign. While I'm not particularly a fan of the system, I have invested in it, mostly at my wife's urging, and have run a session or two.So I answered that I could run something. Now we're actively looking for more players. Maybe it'll be something, maybe it won't.

Even though Pathfinder is not the game I would have chosen to run for my first campaign in ages, I'm realizing that I really needed a good swift kick to get myself moving. Even though I've got other things on my mind, I'm not developing them to the point where anything is actually going to happen. Which keeps me away from gaming. It's like the saying goes "The perfect is the enemy of the good." I've been waiting for things to be perfect, and therefore missing out on things that would have been, at very least, good.

Even if this doesn't become anything, it's at least a reminder that I should get back in the mix sooner rather than later.

Even though I don't think I have the ability to pull out a novel for NaNoWriMo in November, I'm thinking of trying to flex my creative muscles. There's a solo journaling RPG called Apothecary that I picked up from the Bundle of Holding recently that looks interesting. So at least for November, I'll try to play a little bit and post my results here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...