Tuesday, October 18, 2022

I think my last post came out really muddy because I kinda solved the dilemma I was looking at sort of in the middle of working it out on the screen. What happened to my playstyle and the way I think about games? I shifted to player-driven gaming over GM-driven gaming. I don't have to worry about gearing my scenarios towards different taste groups because I let the players themselves decide what they do. If someone wants to fight, they can pick fights if they want. If someone wants to talk, they can do that too.

The gaming Meetup group met on Saturday and I was one of the 2 GMs offering to run games for attendees. And the other guy was just "I didn't plan to run something, but I have a game later tonight, so I've got my stuff." I ran a quick game of InSpectres, since it's October and therefore time for spoopy things.

I'm planning to run a session at Bards & Cards (the game store that's nearest to me) closer to Halloween and it was a good chance to get some practice in.

I had mentioned intending to run The Great Ork Gods, but I realized that the edgy humor that was the inspiration of the game isn't quite as funny these days. I do remember having fun, and am interested in trying it out again, but I want to come up with a scenario that would actually be funny.

My current thought is to have a scenario where the orks are running from a dragon that devoured the rest of their tribe. They're on their way to warn/join the neighboring tribe, but have to pass through a human village along the way. So even though they are not there to raid and pillage, the humans assume that they're there to raid and pillage, and so the scenario is actually them trying to make it through this village without raiding and pillaging it because they know a dragon is coming this way.

Or maybe a straight up raiding and pillaging scenario, but they're doing it because the humans raided and pillaged them and they're just trying to get their stuff back.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...