Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Happy Anniversary to Me

 Nothing gaming related going on right now. This weekend was my 11th anniversary, so I spent a lot of time and energy with my wife.

I've been using the rest of the time with the writing group working out some game projects. The first half went into my second Tabloid World adventure, mostly research. For the adventure location, I rolled Milwaukee, which is intended to be the most Mundane place in the world. But as I'm doing my research, it turns out to be really interesting.

Then I turned to my OSR sandbox/hexcrawl game. Building your own maps in Roll20 is a pain, and I've got a lot of maps yet to go. So it's not going quickly. I tell myself that once I finish this particular dungeon map, I'll be ready to recruit players. I don't know if that's going to happen anytime soon.

As annoying as it is, I think I want to keep that game online. The premise of the game is world-building through play, so the ability to easily record the sessions has a value. The players aren't just having adventures, bur writing history as they play. Recordings of the sessions would be historical records.

But I also want to have something to play "right now," more or less. That's what Tabloid World is for. Something a little more structured/scripted than a pick-up game like Fiasco, but not as much work as the Beast.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...