Tuesday, June 14, 2022

 If you're getting tired of reading about how not much is going on with me and I'm not running games or doing the things that I want to be doing, how do you think I feel writing it?

I spent the other time I had with my writing group doing dungeon prep for my eventual world-building game. Yes, it does include dungeons. An OSR game without dungeons might be technically possible, but much less fun.

I'll be going back to Northern California this weekend. Just for a visit. Getting out in front of other people will be good for dealing with my feelings of isolation. If only I didn't have to travel 800 miles for that feeling.

I think I'll buy another deck of Magic cards. I don't have the budget to make it a serious thing (They call it "cardboard crack" for a reason). But playing the game with a decent preconstructed deck could get me out of the house and maybe build up a network of people to recruit for the various games I might run.

I could also make the effort to track down my last Magic deck, and I still might. But I also want to support the new game store and buying stuff is a good way to do it. Also, I'm sure that it's been long enough that the planned obsolescence of Magic cards will render that deck unplayable in some fashion and I'd be better off buying a new deck in order to keep up with what the kids are doing these days.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...