Friday, August 7, 2020

RPGaDay 2020 #7 Shade

I'm not one to throw shade and disparage others. Not very frequently, anyway. And I have no real reason to do so now.

Shade is also something that is in short supply right now. It's not only the height of summer, but I am living in beautiful San Diego. Clear, bright, sunny days are the norm right now. But when you find that slightly cooler, slightly more pleasant spot, it's so very nice.

Finding metaphorical shade is just as difficult to find as real shade thanks to the pandemic. Places of shelter where everything is just a little less intense and you can let yourself relax. My favorite spot of that type is the coffee shop. Typically Starbucks, but there was also the coffee shop where I joined that writer's club and played a couple of games.

Only tangentially related to gaming, I know, but I think we're all feeling kinda cooped up and eager for those opportunities to go outside our familiar four walls. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...