Saturday, August 11, 2018

RPGaDay 2018 #11 What Is Your Wildest Character Name?

I can't say I've had any wild character names. Not that naming characters isn't fun, but my joke names tend to be more subtle and clever.

My most overtly silly name would have to be B'lijo Gymbaub (for those who take the time to sound it out, it's actually just Billy Joe Jim Bob with fancy spelling). He's a human thief I'm currently playing in an AD&D game. When my prior character died in the middle of the adventure, someone made a crack about how we would have to go back to the small rural village we were trying to save and pick up "Billy Joe Jim Bob" to round out the party. I was about to go with just "Billy Joe Jim Bob" for my character's name, but decided to make it fit into a fantasy setting just a bit more.

I'm also playing a cleric sent from the Vatican (The DM is at least drawing from the real world. Long story.) who is named Antonio Benandanti. If you want to read about something very interesting and cool, Google "Benandanti" one of these days.

I have already mentioned on my blog that I once named a character Ted, Avenger of Kord since the DM was a comic book nerd and I wanted to score brownie points by naming him after the Blue Beetle.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...