Tuesday, August 21, 2018

RPGaDay 2018 #21 What Dice Mechanic Appeals To You?

I think I like the funky custom dice from the Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPGs. When I first tried them out several years ago, it seemed like the dice were giving out too much information. At least for the convention GM, who was likely still learning the rules herself. The advantages and threats that the dice spit out were something that was still pretty new in the game design space at that time.

But I've been listening to the Campaign podcast, where that is their system of choice and they take the time to deal with all of the information that the dice produce and create a very entertaining story from it. It's actually got me excited to try that system in my home games. Maybe one day...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...