Monday, August 29, 2016

RPGaDay 2016 #29

I don't think the question for today is particularly useful. For the record, it's "If you could host a game anywhere on Earth, where would that be?"

The need to travel the Earth to game just feels odd to me. The "gaming Dream Team" question earlier this month covers travel to at least some degree. "I would go to Calgary so I could game with Steve again." That sort of thing. The immediate physical environment of the gaming space will be the topic tomorrow. The only other reason I can think to travel abroad doesn't really apply to gaming. I mean, maybe you could say that it would be cool to run a game set in Ancient Rome while in view of the Coliseum, or maybe even LARP in the Coliseum. But outside of that sort of circumstance, gaming somewhere and doing touristy stuff are rather separate things.

You might also talk about things like convention gaming here. The gap between the gaming at the location and doing touristy stuff is a but smaller, but still present. Still, it is very fun. I do love running and playing games at DunDraCon and I still hope against hope that one day, I will go to other cons. Winkie Con, an Oz convention, is next on my list, but Kubla Con, CelestiCon, and even GenCon would be awesome.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...