Sunday, August 7, 2016

RPGaDay 2016 #7 What Aspect of Roleplaying Has Had the Biggest Impact on You?

At long last, a question I can answer.

I think the biggest impact of gaming on my life is that it has forced me to be social. I am an introvert by nature. Even via the internet, it takes some effort to put myself out there.

But it is also important to note that no one is an island. When looking for a job, one of the things  they tell you to do is "network." The process of dating and romance is all about putting yourself out there.

Gaming helps me be social in a couple of ways. First of all, games don't pay themselves. If I'm going to play any of the games on my shelf, I'm going to have to find other people to play them with. Secondly, games make great icebreakers. Once you're at the table, conversation comes very naturally. And if you run out of things to talk about or the topic gets awkward, you can simply direct everyone's attention to the game.

So that's how an introverted guy like me has a decent sized network of friends and a very lovely wife. And so can you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...