Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oz Character of the Month: Ojo the Lucky

I know that I didn't post a character last month, as I wanted to start out with some New Year's Resolutions and then I got distracted by some other stuff and went into cynical mode (which I do a little too often lately). But this month, there is definitely a character for you, as well as a slightly amusing story.

You see, as I was acquiring artwork for my character pack, I asked S. P. Maldonado for some illustrations. He came through grandly, with some really neat stuff. He also gave me a little more than what I had asked for. Namely, an illustration of Ojo the Lucky.

I was sorely tempted to use him, but I already had the two examples of the "Child in Oz" template that I needed, and I wanted to make sure that every template got fair representation. So I resolved to make him my next Oz Character of the Month. And so, without further ado, here's Ojo!

Name: Ojo the Lucky
First Appearance: The Patchwork Girl of Oz
Template: Child in Oz

Size: 3

Athletics: 3
Awareness: 3
Brains: 1
Presence: 2
Sneaking: 4
Wits: 4 (helping others)

Traits: None

Friends List: Dr. Pipt OR Unc Nunkie

When choosing Friends for write-ups like this, I tend to go with the most invokable option. In this case, it would be Dr. Pipt who gives Ojo a basket of vaguely defined goodies. I even used that as an example in the rule book (page 28 if you don't believe me) of how Friends and Oz Points work. But there are those who prefer to stick with Friends that the characters have a clear closeness with, in this case Unc Nunkie. So I give you a choice with this one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...