Thursday, August 17, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 #17 Which RPG have you owned the longest but not played?

That would probably be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness from Palladium Books. I bought it from a game store in Burbank in the summer of 1999, when I was working at a Renaissance Fair. It was one of several books that I bought there, but one of the few non-GURPS books that I bought at that time. While I may have never played GURPS Werewolf: The Apocalypse or GURPS Riverworld, I have played a good amount of GURPS, so I'm not going to really count those.

This game was actually based on the original TMNT comics, even having a few pages of those comics in the book, rather than the later cartoons or movies. You could make characters based on a broad variety of animals, not just turtles, and customize them with BIO-E points. There was even a chance that significant mental trauma would turn you gay (though if you were already gay, this result on the insanity tables would mean that you are now straight).

Although it's now one of several Palladium games on my shelf, I have yet to play any of it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...