Thursday, August 24, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 #24 Share a PWYW publisher who should be charging more.

Technically, I could mention myself. I do have a PWYW product out there.

But really, the true answer to the question would have to be Whistlepunk Games, AKA Kris Newton, designer and publisher of Feed: The Vampire Mythos RPG. Because not only is Feed an awesome game, but Kris is a heck of a guy as well. He and his wife put out the Gameable Podcast, which is excellent, as well as the snarky, yet loving MegaDumbCast.

And they don't ask a dime for any of it. Most of the other podcasts I listen to have Patreons or some other monetization going on. Not Kris. He does it for love and for fun, and I'm sure the moment it feels like a job for him, it will be far less fun for him.

But I'm sure every now and then, they might enjoy a little boost to pay for a slightly nicer podcastng rig that can stand up to Portland heat waves, or enough alcohol to endure the next Cars movie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...