Wednesday, August 5, 2020

RPGaDay #5 Forest

I'm sure I could go metaphorical with this prompt, "missing the forest for the trees" or similar, but I'm not.

Well, it's not an actual forest, either. It's a forest hex on a map that I'm using for my worldbuilding campaign. The map I'm using is actually randomly generated with Hexographer. My intention was to place the initial starting point at the center of this map, but it turned out that dead center was in the middle of a body of water. So my starting point is just a little bit south of the middle of the map.It's actually a pretty sizeable forest. Way more than just one hex, or even 2. It's so big that the party has not uncovered it all yet.

There's one other important detail about this forest. It's very new. The trees are fully grown, but animals haven't really moved in. The ground underneath the trees is simply dirt. There are none of the elements that would make it proper soil. The earthworms have only begun their digging. No fallen leaves from last year to enrich the soil.

As near as anyone can tell, everything in this forest was created maybe 2 weeks ago (Day 1 of the campaign).


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...