Monday, August 10, 2020

RPGaDay 2020 #10 Stack

 My giant stack of RPG books is still in storage, so nothing to brag about on that front. And since I am staying with my in-laws, I haven't significantly added to the collection.

One thing I do have is stacks of notes for games that I could be running. And these notes are typically in virtual form. I've been using OneNote for quite some time, coupled with a timeline program to track the in-game calendar.

I've recently started experimenting with WorldAnvil because it offers more specialized tools than OneNote, including timelines. It's still something of a work in progress. Part of that is because a lot of my preliminary work was done in OneNote. The other part is that the history of the world is being developed as play progresses. The encounters that they have are determined randomly (though I have pre-rolled the encounters, exactly when and where they occur is still determined at the table).

Which creates another issue: Some of the content of my notes are details of play as it happens, and there's also an amount of content that is "behind the GM's screen," as it were. I think if I were to pay for the subscription, I could set that up to be filtered, so I could set up specific player-facing areas that the group could view (and possibly even edit), while keeping my GM notes private.

When I get enough steam to make another go at the project, I might just do that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...