Tuesday, August 15, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 #15 Which RPG do you enjoy adapting the most?

To be honest, I'm not much of a system hacker. I don't fold, spindle or mutilate rules from an existing game to create the sort of game I want. I'm more interested in trying to divine and support the designers intent for that game. Gaming can create so many diverse experiences and focus play on a variety of specific types of stories or characters that if I want a specific experience, I'm more likely to aim myself at a game that does provide it than trying to hack an existing game. Though I did design my own game to emulate a story style that hadn't been taken on by other designers.

But I will point out one system that I have used for multiple diverse games over the years. I have run it more or less as is for several campaigns. And that would be GURPS. I did science fiction adventure with GURPS Prime Directive. Traditional fantasy in GURPS Banestorm and  modern fantasy with GURPS Technomancer. People with super powers in the world of GURPS Wild Cards.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...