Sunday, August 4, 2019

RPGaDay 2019 Day #4 Space

Still skipping Engage for now.

One thing that I'm sure is going to come up with a number of people is their gaming space. Their awesome gaming tables, their bookshelves, their GM screens and so on. That would be difficult for me right now, as I currently have no gaming space to call my own.

I mentioned yesterday how I introduced a co-worker to the joys of gaming even though my own facilities were in the process of being taken down and packed up (and are still not reassembled *grrr*). While there were two game stores in town, I had my reasons for not trying to game at either one. (One is run by a jerk and the other is more distant and charges for access to their gaming space.) So I instead turned to a coffee shop that was nicely centrally located, had tables to accommodate a modestly sized group, and was open late so we could game after work.

It actually worked out rather well, and we played at that coffee shop for a few months. It's actually inspired me to check out coffee shops here in San Diego that might suit my purposes. Starbucks are usually open later, but they don't always have convenient seating for a group. Most local coffee shops are on a brunch schedule, open early in the morning, but closed by late afternoon. But there are some exceptions.

Now all I need is a gaming group.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...