Saturday, August 20, 2016

RPGaDay 2016 #20 What Is The Most Challenging But Rewarding System You Have Learned?

This is actually kind of interesting. I can think of a number of challenging systems and a number of rewarding systems, but not much in the way of "challenging, but rewarding."

I mean, GURPS is a challenging system. It's got a lot of detail, a lot of moving parts, which can be rewarding, but a lot of proponents of GURPS will tell you that a lot of the challenge of GURPS is knowing what parts not to use for a given campaign.

On the other hand, I don't think Fate is very challenging at all, but I can see how it could be very rewarding.

Burning Wheel strikes me as a good choice for being both challenging and rewarding. While I have yet to play the game, the process of building a character (like I mentioned yesterday) was involved, but also gave me some real food for thought as to who my guy was.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...