Friday, August 10, 2018

RPGaDay 2018 #10 How Has Gaming Changed You?

The big change in me is that it has forced me to be more social. I was shy and awkward as a kid and kept to myself a lot. I read a lot of books. (In school, I had a tendency to read and walk at the same time.)

As a gamer, I've had to push myself out of that bubble. Gaming is a social activity, so it's not something that can be done by yourself. I've had to connect with other people in order to participate. Also, with the lack of GMs around and my preference for less known games, I've often found myself not only having to interact with people, but also to lead them. Sometimes simply leading them to a new game I want to try, but more often leading and organizing a game as a GM.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...