Saturday, August 27, 2022

RPGaDay 2022 #27 How has the character changed?

In terms of what they've done in play, Ealdred hasn't changed at all.

She only existed for about 2 weeks in total and maybe saw 2-3 days of in-game action during the initial run of the campaign. Not enough time for much to happen. And when things start again, she'll be reset back to her original state.

On the other hand, she's grown quite a bit in my head as I've been preparing this campaign.

One of the reasons that I pre-rolled my random encounters was to make sure that I knew what I was doing. Have that time to learn a monster's stats and powers. For neutral and friendly encounters, it meant taken the time to roll up quick personalities for them.

But the one thing that I didn't count on was having not just weeks of prep time for the campaign, but ultimately years. It's been over two years since I rolled her up with all of her quirks and treasures. And while there are other encounters on that list waiting to be unveiled, Ealdred is notable for being the most friendly of them and the most likely to be a powerful ally for the party.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...