Tuesday, August 9, 2022

RPGaDay 2022 #9 What is the 2nd RPG you bought?

 This is an interesting question.

I think everyone remembers their first RPG.That sticks in your brain. The first RPG that I invested in was GURPS. My wife showed me her copy of GURPS Wild Cards as a guide to the novel series. I bought a copy of GURPS Horror, First Edition as a gift for her because of that. I encouraged her to spend spare money from her job at the university food court to get the GURPS Basic Set so I had a chance to understand what the numbers and details from the supplements actually meant.

Over the summer, her cousin got us jobs at a Renaissance Fair and I got a nice little income from that. And most of it went to The Last Grenadier, a game store in Burbank. I got a number of other GURPS books from them, so technically, any one of those would count as my second RPG purchase.

But the second RPG ruleset that I bought was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness RPG from Palladium Books. It was from before the TV show, so it was based on the comics. There were even a couple of short comic stories in the book. It's still in my collection somewhere. And yes, it is the edition with the Insanity table that includes homosexuality as an entry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...