Thursday, August 1, 2024

RPGaDay 2024 #1 First RPG Bought This Year

 Yup, like a groundhog oi February 2nd, I have come out of a long hiatus to be here for RPGaDay 2024.

The first RPG I bought this year would probably be Microscope. Though I do put a couple of qualifiers on that.

The first qualifier is that it was my second copy of Microscope. I had bought a copy at least a year before, but had misplaced it. So I got the second copy because I needed to replace the first.

The second qualifier is that I wouldn't necessarily call Microscope an RPG. It is definitely RPG adjacent and it's a good game, so don't think I'm trying to damn it with faint praise. Just that it doesn't call for making decisions as a character.

The reason that it was very important that I had a copy was that I really wanted to try it out. Thankfully, I was able to get a session together and we created a history that start with an apocalypse, went through a Gamma World phase and ended up Star Trek. It was a wild ride.

I wrote a scenario for an early point in the apocalypse and hopefully, I'll get to run it with the group that helped me build the setting. Then think about other ideas based on the other points on the timeline that we created.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...