Saturday, August 31, 2024

RPGaDay 2024 #31 Game or Gamer You Miss

I took a bit of time in my last post to talk about people that I haven't gamed with in quite some time.

But there is much shorter list of people that I'll never be able to game with again. At the moment, I'm aware of only one person among my gaming circles that has passed. My good friend Meghan. 

When the university gaming club suspended operations over the summer, she helped keep the group together by letting us meet in her father's church (needless to say, he wasn't one of those anti-gaming preachers). During games, she was a wonderful assistant cat-herder.

The strongest memory of gaming with her was my GURPS Technomancer game. I don't remember all of the details of her character, but she found the rule for "bulletproof nudity" and decided that it applied to her character. Her character wore a simple wrap so it could be dropped in a moment when combat broke out. "Am I naked?" was a frequent refrain.

The peak of this was one session where she excused herself for a few minutes, I think just as a combat had broken out and it was time for her character to remove her wrap. She returned to the room wearing a flesh-colored body suit with a stole of red mesh fabric to represent the blood that we often joked got all over her for being naked during fights.

My friend Jordan (who had a bit of a crush on her) was so overwhelmed by this that he had to leave the room.

As for games I miss, that would be a lot of them. I mentioned earlier this month that the majority of my physical collection is still in boxes even though we moved to San Diego 5 years ago. One day ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...