Tuesday, August 20, 2024

RPGaDay 2024 #20 Amazing Adventure

 I don't typically write adventures. I'll prep for a session or a campaign, but writing an adventure doesn't really happen for me. Mostly because my definition of "adventure" is: A scenario intended to be largely resolved within a session or two that may or may not connect to a larger campaign.

The only time I would do something like that would be if I was explicitly planning a one-shot, such as for a convention.

While I've done that a few times, I still think my favorite adventure that I've written for a convention would have to be my Transformers adventure, Attack of the RetCons. It started from my dislike of the first Michael Bay Transformers movie, especially when compared to the animated film from 1986, but really blossomed when I stumbled upon the pun that found its way into the title.

I put a lot of effort into converting Transformers characters for Cartoon Action Hour (the first edition. There have apparently been a couple of editions since.) and working out the retcon mechanics. The plot was largely a revisitation of locations and characters from the animated movie with fights with the RetCons at regular intervals.

I'm suddenly wondering if I could bring it back and do it all again, but armed with everything I've learned about RPG plots in the interim. That could be a fun challenge

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...