Tuesday, August 27, 2024

RPGaDay 2024 #27 Marvellous Miniature

When I'm doing something with tactical combat or dungeon exploration, I'm no stranger to the maps and minis style. I'm also not a stranger to gaming on a budget.

When they were popular and more available, I would pick up packs of randomly assorted pre-painted plastic minis whenever my budget allowed. It seems like that wave has largely passed, though I'm sure if I looked I might find something useful.

I've also used just about anything I could find that fits on a battlemap. I've used gaming stones to represent a large number of similar creatures. I've hit vending machines for cute little toys.

If I had to pick one mini that I particularly enjoyed, it would have to be the gelatinous cube mini that was given to me by Erik. He had made it out of silicon that was probably clear when he made it, but had solidified into something fairly opaque. He had tried to put small objects in it to represent the things that the gelatinous cube had consumed, but only a few shown through.


 

Unfortunately, I don't know where it is at the moment. Believe it or not, I'm still not unpacked after moving 5 years ago and one of the main things that hasn't come out has been all my gaming toys. I've got some basics from the original collection, plus some new acquisitions and I've never lost access to my digital collection.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...