Tuesday, August 27, 2024

RPGaDay 2024 # 26 Superb Screen

 Better late than never.

A GM screen is not part of my routine kit. I won't say I never used one, because I did use a screen for my megadungeon campaign. It was a cheap cardboard screen that had come bundled in a Dragon magazine at one point, but since I was running OSRIC and not D&D 3.5, I wound up paperclipping charts that were useful to me inside.

For most of the other games I've run, I haven't used a screen. A lot of the time, I've been gaming in living rooms, so people will be sitting on couches with character sheets and books in laps with the battlemap on a coffee table if there is one. It takes a dining table with everyone sitting around it to make a conventional GMing setup with a screen and everything worthwhile, which is why I haven't typically done it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...