Saturday, August 17, 2024

RPGaDay 2024 # 16 Quick to Learn

A day late, but I'm not giving up.

I don't typically rate games on how easy they are to learn. I've read enough RPGs in my time that I can pick up the basics fairly quickly, Getting past the basics typically takes some effort, either preparing to play or run the game and working through some practical trial.

And as someone who expects to be the GM, my typical standard is more about how easy or difficult the game is to teach.

Fate Accelerated and Fiasco are fairly easy to teach and I've enjoyed teaching people those games. I've taught players GURPS as well, which is not as hard as you expect. Character building can be challenging, but using character templates or providing pregens can help. But how to roll dice and take action in GURPS is pretty straightforward.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...